Tuesday, July 20, 2010

HOT TOPIC TUESDAY

Share

Is "LOVE" enough to sustain a marriage or to get married?







Photobucket

6 Comments from Real Wives Fab Followers:

Nemo0610 said...

I think you need more then "love" to sustain a marriage, you need communication, trust, honesty, compatibility and much more but I do think your love for each other can get you through tough times in your marriage.

Do I think "Love" is enough to get to married? No. I still think you need look deeper within the person before saying "I DO" . You need to be compatible in just about all levels to have a successful marriage.

designerbroker said...

I agree--you have to have a strong love but you also need to really like the person--enjoy their company--laugh together--communicate and trust /honesty is essential.

ZZ said...

No, nothing last forever...Love is not an exception..A marriage needs more than love,because I'm pretty sure couples fall in and out of love all the time..

Nicole said...

1 Corinthians: 4-13 (New Living Translation)

4 Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud 5 or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. 6 It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. 7 Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.

8 Prophecy and speaking in unknown languages[b] and special knowledge will become useless. But love will last forever! 9 Now our knowledge is partial and incomplete, and even the gift of prophecy reveals only part of the whole picture! 10 But when full understanding comes, these partial things will become useless.

11 When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things. 12 Now we see things imperfectly as in a cloudy mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity.[c] All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely.

13 Three things will last forever—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest of these is love

With that said since marriage is based on God and God is Love yes Love is more than enough if we used it properly.

The NaTuRal Mommy said...

You need love to get you through the really tough times. But to sustain a marriage you need to enjoy being with the person, actually like that person, accept that person for who they really are. Part of all of that is love, but part of it is really wanting to work on what you have built with someone else, being determined to make it work.

Real Wives Of Chicago said...

Thank you everybody for commenting on our hot topic discussion. I have to say I really enjoyed reading all of your responses and each one of you have some valid responses.