Wednesday, August 31, 2011
Tuesday, August 30, 2011
Monday, August 29, 2011
"You are wonderful."
"You look great today."
"I don't feel complete without you."
"I appreciate all the things you have done for me."
"You come first in my life, before kids, career, or friends."
"I am glad I married you."
"You are the best friend I have."
"If I had to do it over again, I'd still marry you."
"I could not get you out of my mind today."
"It is nice to wake up next to you."
"I will always love you."
"I trust you."
"I can always count on you."
"You make me feel good."
"I am so proud to be married to you."
"You are so special."
"I can't imagine my life apart from you."
"Thank you for loving me."
"Thank you for accepting me."
"You make each day brighter."
Wednesday, August 24, 2011
Tuesday, August 23, 2011
Say it ain't so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I believe its my opinion and a lot of others opinion as well, but Will & Jada Pinkett Smith have been great positive role model for the African-American marriage, and to hear that they are now separated is a kick in the behind, sort of speak.
It gives me the motivation to fight harder for my marriage, and it makes me angry to think that they are probably about to give up the fight. It makes me wonder, how are the kids taking this, and it also makes me hope that Little Mr. Marc Anthony has nothing to do with this ;-).
Monday, August 22, 2011
There is nothing I ever need to have.
There is nothing I ever need to do.
I Say NO to the demands of the world.
I Say YES to the longings of my own heart.
Expectations, assumptions, demands are dangerous to a marriage.
In a sentence such as, "I expect you to be on-time for work tomorrow," the demand is clearly stated. However, expectations are often invisible.
We would like to motivate you to improve your marriage, and lead a more joyful life, by becoming aware of these invisible perceived expectations (demands). Look to you heart, look to God, and trust in yourself and your husband.
Wednesday, August 17, 2011
Tuesday, August 16, 2011
Have you seen Jumping the Broom? Well, its a classic case of In-Law Drama!
Mother-in-Law (MIL) says some things that are not within her place to say, in other words MIL is being disrespectful. How do you handle the situation? Do you disrespect MIL back? Do you respectfully approach MIL regarding the situation? Or do you ask your Spouse to handle the situation?
Monday, August 15, 2011
We married our spouses for better and for worse, and sometimes worse happens more often then not. Remembering your commitment made before God, and honoring your union is a great motivation to help you through the hard times. Remember where would you be...
Wednesday, August 10, 2011
Tuesday, August 9, 2011
If you've seen Tyler Perry's movie, "Why did I get married?" Then I'll assume that you've heard of the 80/20 rule, just in case you haven't, here's the explanation;
This basically means that in marriages, you only gonna get 80% of what you need. Now when things are down in a relationship, you seen this attractive man/woman that offers you the other 20% you want, that you feel is missing in your life. So then you're faced with a problem, should you leave the 80% which is your current relationship thinking you gonna get something better and you end up with only 20%.
Ok, now that we've explained that, I feel this rule is a good example of showing someone to appreciate what they have, but I also have a problem with it.
How would you feel if your husband feels you're only giving him 80% of what he needs, and you've been giving him 100%? What if your husband can't explain to you what 20% he's missing, how do you handle that?
Monday, August 8, 2011
Have you ever gone over another couples house after having a big argument with your spouse, then leaving that house in a good mood? That is the power of God releasing the goodness in your hearts. What a blessing!
Wednesday, August 3, 2011
Tuesday, August 2, 2011
This hot topic Tuesday I would like to borrow the words of marriage expert, Dr. Gary Chapman.
Monday, August 1, 2011
Today's Motivational Monday quote is: Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.- Judy Garland
Great advice, but I would like to change it up a bit, and make it more of what us married people have to deal with. It is so hard to let other people pull you into their drama. It's hard to not let their problems, become your own, but we have to remember that God put together one woman and one man. He put them together to become one, unified in spirit, one union of 2 people, not this person, that person, and their kids, etc.
One marriage, made of you, your Spouse and God, nothing can be more more powerful or motivational than that. Focus...